Dear Kids Smile Parents and Patients,
We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! You will be contacted prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and ask a series of health-related questions for your safety and ours. We have also created a list of some of the precautions we have taken to protect you while you visit our office.
1. Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms 15 minutes prior to your appointment time to eliminate contacting surfaces while you wait.
2. Maintain social distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle.
3. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the office.
4. Take temperature of every patient and parents upon entering the office.
5. We require a mask to be worn by all patients and parents upon entering the office.
6. Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
7. Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our staff and by our patients.
8. Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind.
9. Introduce an oral pre-rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
10. Record the temperature of every staff member each day at beginning and end of work period.
11. New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our doctors and staff to protect against germs.
12. Providing teledentistry services for follow up lab reports or communication that can be done online or through online conferencing.
13. Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
14. Perform disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
15. Ambient air filtration with HEPA 13 continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from airflow.
16. Enhanced HVAC disinfection with UV light or HEPA Filtration units.
17. Enhanced disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with fogging devices to access hard to reach places.
18. Perform disinfection procedures at the end of the day on equipment and office fixtures like computers, telephones, chairs, and doorknobs, that may be touched throughout the day.
Kids Smile Pediatric Dentistry Team
For the most up-to-date information about COVID-19, including information on prevention, symptoms, and treatment, visit the CDC’s website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov